Thursday, January 17, 2008

"It's a Wonderful Life" & The Stock Market

Dear Readers,Customers & Future Customers,

I'ts after Christmas and of course the classic movie "It's a Wonderful Life" with Jimmy Stewart,Donna Reed & Lionel Barrymore will go into the archives until the holiday season comes around again.

Today the stock market closed below what it began at in 2007 wiping out our entire nations economic growth, and it may not be over. Signs of the impending mortgage woes still looming (Sheer amount of fraud still yet to bear it's head; but I'll go into that later)even good news from the government today did not change the downward spiral.

Which gets me to my point,as the credit card hang-overs from the holidays loom, remember the special people in your life. Call five friends tomorrow and tell them how much you love them, like after 9/11. (I had just gotten a job selling 21 day tours through Pakistan, Afghanistan & Northern India...no...I am not joking that is actually true!) The people in your life are important the rest is just stuff and if you were selling tours to Pakistan also or a victim to the tragedy; you would agree its all stuff!

Things are going to get alot tougher out there before they get better but remember if you love your house and your not selling in 5 years stop worring what it's worth, if you weren't planning on selling your stocks keep them or buy more. Ironically with both Real Estate & Stocks people buy,buy,buy, while prices go up, but the time to buy is when it is on sale and going down like you would at any retail store?

So remember the quote from the movie by Mr. Potter(Lionel BarryMore to George Bailey (Jimmy Stewart)"Remember George during the depression you & I were the only ones who kept our heads; you saved the Building & Loan & I saved everything else"

My fascination with "It's a Wonderful life has some other strange twists, I used to work for Xerox delivering paper on a golf cart around the studio and at my lunch on the street depicted in the movie, I thought someday maybe I'll be in a movie (I am now upcoming Hamlet2, and Love Ranch filmed here in NM).

The other Ironic twist is my very first customer and home I ever sold was that of a woman named Mary Hatch (Donna Reeds character in the movie) I love her dearly for allowing me the opportunity to have such a wonderful career, and will never forget what a wonderful lady she was.

Treat your friends to a relaxing stay at:

Save up to 50% on Last Minute Fares at Hotwire!

No comments: